Ex ABS, ex BEC kit.
In 1906 the Tramways Dept. of the London County Council introduced 500 Purpose-built totally enclosed upper deck cars known as Class E, numbered 402-551 and 602-751. The cars witnessed many detail changes between 1906 and 1938.
From the E class design the L.C.C. developed the E/1 class and West Ham Corporation their bogie cars which, whilst similar to the E/1 in general appearance do have their fundamental differences. Between 1907 and 1930 the LCC received 1050 cars of the E/1 classification.
With minor modifications, most of the variations of both the Class E and Class E/1 cars can be built from the kit.
Motor - MEMT or equivalent