This kit is of the Manchester Pullman or Pilcher type tramcar. They were constructed by the undertaking and a total of 58 cars were built between 1950 and 1952 to the specification of MR R.S. Pilcher the General Manager. Each 62 seat body was mounted on 8'6" wheelbase P55 trucks. Magnetic brakes were fitted but later removed from 19 cars. The cars were eventually sold to Leeds (7), Sunderland (6), Edinburgh (11) and Aberdeen (14).
Motor - ME34D09 or equivalent